Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunny.hops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
So I was updating to the new iOS 6.0.1 on my phone when it said to connect to iTunes. After I connected, it said that I had to restore to factory settings which I did. However I tried restoring and I ended up getting the message "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1)." I tried restoring again a few more times with no avail. My friend tried restoring my phone on his Macbook but it also did the same thing. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes but that didn't seem to do anything either. My screen is currently frozen at the connect to iTunes software.

Is there anything I can do or do I have to take it to an Apple store?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
So I was updating to the new iOS 6.0.1 on my phone when it said to connect to iTunes. After I connected, it said that I had to restore to factory settings which I did. However I tried restoring and I ended up getting the message "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1)." I tried restoring again a few more times with no avail. My friend tried restoring my phone on his Macbook but it also did the same thing. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes but that didn't seem to do anything either. My screen is currently frozen at the connect to iTunes software.

Is there anything I can do or do I have to take it to an Apple store?

What device.
This error is common when trying to restore an iPhone with the iPad baseband or using a No_BB IPSW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.