Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Went from a black to a white. The white is not distracting at all while watching movies, while the black was VERY distracting while reading emails/ebooks/pdfs/web sites.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
Agreed. I've never had a problem watching any sort of video in any lighting on my white devices.

Right there with ya--my iPad 4 is my first 'white' iOS device. No distractions at all while watching video, regardless of lighting---but the biggest positive (for me) has been the lack of noticeable finger prints along the bezel (the most held area). That was always an annoyance of mine. While YMMV as always...I, too, am a home theater geek...it's kind of my Harley Davidson so to speak. I've put a lot of coin into our dedicated HT room from Sound Proofing to lighting...as well as the gear (both video and audio). The white iPad is as neutral as black. I think both colors work well for video watching...distractions would be evident with 'other' colors---Purple, Yellow, Red, et al. White/Black are excellent bezel colors as the video is either bright or dark, pending scenes. For me...the finger print factor is a HUGE positive.

That's cool.. I've never seen any white Flat screens here in the States. That doesn't mean they don't sell them. I have a 47 and a 34 inch Samsung. Both in black.

Plenty of stainless steel/aluminum bezels here in the states though...as well as near 'bezel-less' TVs are becoming common-place. I do agree, however...white bezels on a TV would be 'unique' to say the least.

J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.