Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoS2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Hi,
I have recently changed from a PC to a MacBook Pro and have installed Parallels to use Sage Line 50.
I have found problems when entering dates in most fields (such as entering a payment, the VAT return etc), on entering or changing the date from today's date it brings up an error message saying it is in the wrong format, but it's not. I can't select the date from the calendar either. I can't change the program date to trick it temporarily either as the same message appears.
Do I need to change a setting somewhere? If there's any additional info I can provide to help diagnose this please let me know!
Many thanks,
Claire.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I have found problems when entering dates in most fields (such as entering a payment, the VAT return etc), on entering or changing the date from today's date it brings up an error message saying it is in the wrong format, but it's not. I can't select the date from the calendar either. I can't change the program date to trick it temporarily either as the same message appears.
Do I need to change a setting somewhere? If there's any additional info I can provide to help diagnose this please let me know!
Many thanks,
Claire.

Sage 50 should take its dates from the underlying operating system.

Make sure that in Windows, go to the Control Panel and check your Regional Settings, make sure your location is correct, and that you have the correct time zone and that you've selected the correct format for your dates (that is, either DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY depending on where you are).

As you're using Sage 50, I'm guessing you are a UK user(?); if you have installed Windows using the default settings it may be set to US timezone, which could cause the behaviour in Sage that you describe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.