Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I'm trying to print the even and odd pages of a PDF document in Preview so I can print on the front and back of the paper, but I can't find how to print only odd/even. I'm using Preview in Leopard.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 7,627

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I don't have Leopard, so I can't say for sure where the option has gone, but in Tiger, there's an option under "Paper Handling."

Picture 3.png

Does that help you track down the setting?

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Ahh! Thank you so much! It's still listed under "Paper Handeling" in Leopard as well.

shell

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
What about printing even/odd pages of a PDF file to a PDF file (i.e. Save as PDF...)? It doesn't seem to work for me. It saves it to a PDF file with every page in the range specified.

w00cash

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Poland
Hi!
Could you just tell me how to find "paper handling" menu?
I use leopard and hp 1020 printer, and printing pdfs it's the thing that realy pisses me off :)
Thanks for your help.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Hi!
Could you just tell me how to find "paper handling" menu?

It's underneath the Page Orientation images and Page Scaling percentage in the print dialogue. There's a pop-up menu with the name of the app you're using there. It has colour setting, printer settings, paper feed etc in there as well.

w00cash

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Poland
Thanks!
This is exactly where it is! I had same problems with translating menu names you gave into Polish, but eventually i've found it! :D
Thanks again!

iGnome

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
I love the internet!

Just had to post something to say thanks for this. Even though this post has been gathering dust in cyber space for 3 years it just saved me a load of grief.
So to confirm these instructions still hold good for Leopard on the eve of a Lion launch

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
Thanks so much for this! I've been booting in windows because I didn't think this could be done, but glad I searched this time :D.

RatleyRambler

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2015
Just to say it still works in Yosemite 10.10.2:)
I'm surprised that odd and even page selection is still so hard to find even after all these years!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.