Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:41 PM   #76
EvanLugh
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
I bought Auxo today. I think the way it shows open apps is cool but don't see myself using it to replace sbsettings. They are missing a lot of toggles that I use. Nice app for sure but not a game changer for me. Maybe ill dig it more as I use it more.
I don't use the toggles..use sbsettings too lol still like the swipe down to close and previews.
EvanLugh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:51 PM   #77
MaxPower49
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanLugh View Post
I don't use the toggles..use sbsettings too lol still like the swipe down to close and previews.
Yeah, I wish there was a way to turn off the Auxo toggles. NC Settings is much better and easier to get to.
MaxPower49 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:33 PM   #78
ominx
macrumors 6502

From a UI standpoint, toggles in the switcher makes much more sense to me... which is why I love Auxo. The NC is meant for notifications and info, not an app launcher or settings toggles.
All my push info is up top and all apps/settings are on the bottom.
ominx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:47 AM   #79
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

I liked this app but as soon as I installed it I lost the ability to use my Bluetooth. Ended up having to restore my phone
twisted-pixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:21 AM   #80
headcase
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
From a UI standpoint, toggles in the switcher makes much more sense to me... which is why I love Auxo. The NC is meant for notifications and info, not an app launcher or settings toggles.
All my push info is up top and all apps/settings are on the bottom.
+1 My thoughts exactly... which is why I transitioned from SBSettings that served me well for so long, to Auxo.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pixel View Post
I liked this app but as soon as I installed it I lost the ability to use my Bluetooth. Ended up having to restore my phone
Hmm... perhaps a conflict with another tweak you've installed?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:12 AM   #81
EvanLugh
macrumors 68000

If they add fast notes (NOT tap to note or whatever) the same that's in sbsettings then I'd consider switching to just Auxo
EvanLugh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:41 AM   #82
dhy8386
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanLugh View Post
If what we are all after is improving the usability with some eye candy thrown in, I am not sure i understand why we combined the NC/SBS type settings in the app switcher. The app switcher obviously if for switching to apps quickly. To do this, ideally you show as many recent apps at one time - with one gesture/click. Similarly, the whole reason for SBS/NC settings is to more quickly access fav settings. This fits best in the NC (or even as a widget if you like that) or some other hidden panel accessible with one gesture/click. Minimal space requirements. That way, with one gesture for AS and one gesture for NC, you have the most optimized access to both. I thought Auxo was great but why am I going to swipe three times to get to settings when I can access them right from the NC/other.

I know this is personal preference this is just what makes the most sense to me.
dhy8386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:09 AM   #83
headcase
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhy8386 View Post
If what we are all after is improving the usability with some eye candy thrown in, I am not sure i understand why we combined the NC/SBS type settings in the app switcher. The app switcher obviously if for switching to apps quickly. To do this, ideally you show as many recent apps at one time - with one gesture/click. Similarly, the whole reason for SBS/NC settings is to more quickly access fav settings. This fits best in the NC (or even as a widget if you like that) or some other hidden panel accessible with one gesture/click. Minimal space requirements. That way, with one gesture for AS and one gesture for NC, you have the most optimized access to both. I thought Auxo was great but why am I going to swipe three times to get to settings when I can access them right from the NC/other.

I know this is personal preference this is just what makes the most sense to me.
As an FYI, I use the Activator option to bring up the toggles first under Auxo, as opposed to the app switcher. Basically its like SBSettings for the bottom of the screen. I prefer that, since it closer for my thumb to change toggles. And all in one gesture. ;-)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:58 PM   #84
dhy8386
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
As an FYI, I use the Activator option to bring up the toggles first under Auxo, as opposed to the app switcher. Basically its like SBSettings for the bottom of the screen. I prefer that, since it closer for my thumb to change toggles. And all in one gesture. ;-)
Sure. But then what do you do about app switcher? Just swipe twice?
dhy8386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:28 PM   #85
headcase
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhy8386 View Post
Sure. But then what do you do about app switcher? Just swipe twice?
Correct. In other words, if you want the app switcher to come up first, use the default settings in Auxo, and if you prefer the toggles to come up first, use the Activator option in Auxo. :-)

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks