Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babybanana

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
UK
Hi my cousin has a few ipod touch issues, I no longer have an ipod touch or no how to solve this issue and was wondering if you can help please.

"Updated both my iTunes and ipod touch. I have iOS 6 now. Safari doesn't work- it won't let me type. It's just blank. Every time I try and play this game, Game Center loads up wanting me to sign in. I press cancel in the corner and nothing happens so I try log in. Won't let me type or anything. It's like it's frozen until I press the home button. Then I click on the game again and the same keeps happening! And when I first got it, it use to be fine then everything would go fuzzy and white. It's happened like 5 times to me. Had to restart iPod everytime. What do you think I should do?"

I'm not even sure what to suggest. She had her iPod touch bought for her in July '12 so not the latest model.

Thanks in advance :)

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Hi my cousin has a few ipod touch issues, I no longer have an ipod touch or no how to solve this issue and was wondering if you can help please.

I'm not even sure what to suggest. She had her iPod touch bought for her in July '12 so not the latest model.

Thanks in advance :)

It's under warranty and sounds like a hardware problem more than software one: take it to a genius bar.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It seems like she's been having problems from the beginning, so I'd say it is the iPod Touch itself and not the iOS 6 update. We have ours on 6 and it works perfectly fine.

You should advise her to take it to the Apple Store and make an appointment with a Genius to exchange it for a new one. I would have suggested a restore/reboot, but I think that it's clear you have internal issues.

babybanana

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
UK
Just wanted to say thanks for the help :)

She did restore to factory settings or something like that on itunes, and manged to get it working again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.