Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
We're assured that bonus points will be added by 11pm this evening.

Bless 'em.

It is really squeaky bum time around here. I left a lot of points on the table these past two match weeks (Lukaku on the bench! Aaaaaaaaah!), but I think I did just enough to hold on. Just. I'm still going to sweat until the final bonuses are handed out and results officially tallied.

Then again, I did notice quite a few helicopters circling around Prospect Park yesterday. Now I can tell my wife why they were there. :eek:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Well, the tables haven't yet been fully updated but bonus points have been allocated – meaning that I can declare our winners.

First, the MacRumors League. A late surge by Neutron Heath put a question mark over the identity of the eventual winner, but in the end it was Prospect Park FC who are our 2012-13 champions. Congratulations to the winning manager Silencio on his well deserved triumph.

Prospect-Park_Winner_1213.png

Meanwhile, the final whistle has also been blown at Vale Farm and it's Hardly Athletic who are hauling their weary bodies up the steps to receive the MacRumors Fantasy Cup after their 74-62 point win over The Stoplights. Congratulations then to Tom8, and equally commiserations to our valiant runner-up Tilpots.

attachment.png

Once the final tables are sorted I'll post them up for posterity.

As well as congratulating our winners, it would be churlish of me not to thank everyone who took part in our two competitions. It's been a very hard fought but entertaining season and the Fantasy League thread has never been busier, so thank you all for your enthusiasm and I hope you've enjoyed proceedings. :)

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Whew. I'm more relieved than ecstatic right now. A real stumble over the finish line. Bad decisions cost me over 40 points over the last two match weeks.

Open top bus tour up Flatbush Ave! Maybe we'll even roll across the Manhattan Bridge and show that other little island what a real champion looks like! :cool:

Congrats to Tom8, as well. Good job! Next time I'll not forget to enter the H2H league. And cheers to all for another great season.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Congrats to Tom8, as well. Good job! Next time I'll not forget to enter the H2H league. And cheers to all for another great season.

Actually, I'd prefer it if you did forget ;)

Congratulations to both winners! And very well done to everybody else who took part and made this season really fun.

I'll definitely be back next season. Once again, thank you Mr Cake.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Congrats to Tom8! I put my best effort into it and lost to the better side. Well done. Your team has been excellent all season!

Transferring out Lukaku seemed like a good idea when he didn't start. :eek:. The Stoplights accomplished nearly every goal we set out to undertake. Couldn't be prouder of the lads. We'll
use this loss to fuel the fire next year.

Congrats to Silencio, as well. Top of the table! So impressive.

Hats off to everyone else, too. Thanks for making this such a fun season. Can't wait to see you all here next year.

Jaffa, thanks again for the stewardship if the league. Between the league tables, kit designs and back room negotiations, I hope the league finds a way to raise your salary next season by a very, very large percentage!

See ya on the boards, boys.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Congrats to Tom8 and Silencio! And to Jaffa for running the show.

Maybe I'm back next season....

....when does it start? :D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Two of a kind!

Learned a lot during this season, glad I pulled 2000+ Fantasy points at last, but iToys will be stronger than ever next season. :cool:

Shout-outs to the Mopheads, too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.