Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebadgator87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
I am trying connect my itunes library using home sharing to my uncles apple tv running verizon fios. I get the screen that says connecting to my library but then it just times out. I also try to airplay from my macbook pro to the apple tv and get the same result, times out after awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
At a time like this, we tech support dudes ask that age-old question, IS IT PLUGGED IN? :D

Seriously, go into ATV configuration, run a network test.

thebadgator87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Everything works except MacBook and Apple TV syncing up. I can do airplay from iPad to Apple TV and it works fine. I tried doing some research and came across some kind of proxy servers with Verizon and I get lost at that point.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Verizon proxy servers shouldn't be in play, this should all be happening within your home network. I've seen it suggested that wireless isolation needs to be off (it's a setting on the router). I went through this yesterday with my MBP iPad and ATV, rebooted my router and they could all see each other again for iTunes sharing.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

What does Verizon FIOS have to do with your local connection?

The AppleTV and MacBook are connected to the same WiFi network, yes?

Home sharing is turned on?

iTunes is open?

thebadgator87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
yea everything is connected its mind boggling why it isnt working. It finds my library and says connecting but then just times out. Im stumped.

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
using the same AppleID for HomeSharing? the AppleTV might be using your Uncle's while the Macbook is using yours. Also, are you sure you are on the same wireless network? Some Routers (Airport Express for example) allow you to set up a Guest Network. The Guest Network gives access to the Internet, but blocks devices from reaching the main internal LAN.

BelindaP

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
reinstall itunes

Make sure that your internet is connected or you should try to reinstall itunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.