Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eli727

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Ok- had this problem since I got the MBA and its my biggest annoyance with it (though I love my MBA) but hoping maybe this is something I can fix.

When my MBA goes to sleep or I close the lid or anytimes it goes inactive, when it turns back on it has to reconnect to the wifi network... is there anyway to make it stay connected all the time?

My Windows PCs never did this and makes them more usuable MUCH quicker - kind of kills the thrill of having the SSD and quick boot up because it takes so long to connect to wifi.

Any help/ thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you,

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When my MBA goes to sleep or I close the lid or anytimes it goes inactive, when it turns back on it has to reconnect to the wifi network... is there anyway to make it stay connected all the time?
Usually reconnecting only takes a few seconds. There is no way to stay connected to a WiFi network in sleep mode, although the new Power Nap feature may allow this.

Eli727

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Usually reconnecting only takes a few seconds. There is no way to stay connected to a WiFi network in sleep mode, although the new Power Nap feature may allow this.

Yeah I think I have powernap enabled.

It is probably only a few seconds in reality, but it feels slow (this may sound ridiculous) but its something that was faster on my Windows PC so I thought MAYBE it was just a funky setting on my Mac I could fix. I love everything else since i switched to a Mac last spring, but that was on one annoyance so I was hoping someone had a way to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.