Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bocomo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York
anyone know of cheap OCR software for macs? i miss the abbyy finereader sprint for the pc that came bundled with my scanner. i really don't want to go use my pc to scan a bunch of stuff. all i have seen is big ol' professional OCR software for hundres of dollars. help!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You can generally get OmniPageSE OCR when you buy scanners or all-in-one machines. You might be able to get the $149.99 upgrade, which could still save you some money, plus you'd have new equipment.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
anyone know of cheap OCR software for macs? i miss the abbyy finereader sprint for the pc that came bundled with my scanner. i really don't want to go use my pc to scan a bunch of stuff. all i have seen is big ol' professional OCR software for hundres of dollars. help!

Check out vuescan:

Inexpensive and does a lot of things besides OCR. I've used for years, first on the PC and now my macs. Great, responsive developer with regular updates.

http://www.hamrick.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.