Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:52 PM   #201
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
Who ever said the screen makes it faster? As far as "dealing with it" I did that too. I bought the 4, used it until Apple released the 5 (skipped 4s), and now I have the 5.

Sounds like the only person having a hard time dealing here is you. Or more accurately, need to figure out a better way to deal with people disagreeing with you than dropping your IQ down into the teens with a gem of a comment like "the screen doesn't make the phone faster" a lame comment followed by an even worse car analogy.
The entire point of everything I was saying was that the 4 is not a good upgrade because it does not have more capability, is less future proof, and becomes obsolete faster. Just like the 3G.

Just asking for people to read what I wrote a bit, thats all.
kre62 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 02:14 PM   #202
2IS
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre62 View Post
The entire point of everything I was saying was that the 4 is not a good upgrade because it does not have more capability, is less future proof, and becomes obsolete faster. Just like the 3G.

Just asking for people to read what I wrote a bit, thats all.
And the entire point I'm making is that not everyone agrees with your perspective on what is or isn't a better upgrade. For some people, the quality of the display was more important than speed. I'm one of them. We have different priorities when it comes to choosing a phone. Neither is wrong. For you to make some of the ridiculous comments you're making because someone prioritizes the display over speed is just silly. No one is saying the speed improvements on the 4S weren't more significant that the speed improvements on the 4, we're just saying that the speed wasn't as significant as the display for us.

In other words, the speed on the 3GS was already "good enough" for us, but the display wasn't.

We aren't saying the display makes the phone faster and we aren't saying stickers add 50hp to a car. The only person saying that is you.
2IS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:50 PM   #203
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
And the entire point I'm making is that not everyone agrees with your perspective on what is or isn't a better upgrade. For some people, the quality of the display was more important than speed. I'm one of them. We have different priorities when it comes to choosing a phone. Neither is wrong. For you to make some of the ridiculous comments you're making because someone prioritizes the display over speed is just silly. No one is saying the speed improvements on the 4S weren't more significant that the speed improvements on the 4, we're just saying that the speed wasn't as significant as the display for us.

In other words, the speed on the 3GS was already "good enough" for us, but the display wasn't.

We aren't saying the display makes the phone faster and we aren't saying stickers add 50hp to a car. The only person saying that is you.
So I didn't come to argue about what you think is a better upgrade. I don't care if you think a screen is a great upgrade. Are you following this?

I came to make the point that you should select your iPhone based on capability, and a screen adds none. I don't care if you have some tangential point about liking the screen. That has nothing to do with my original discussion. It's like saying, "Yeah, but Cherries are great in the summertime". We can debate that, but it has nothing to do with my discussion.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:56 PM   #204
2IS
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre62 View Post
So I didn't come to argue about what you think is a better upgrade. I don't care if you think a screen is a great upgrade. Are you following this?

I came to make the point that you should select your iPhone based on capability, and a screen adds none. I don't care if you have some tangential point about liking the screen. That has nothing to do with my original discussion. It's like saying, "Yeah, but Cherries are great in the summertime". We can debate that, but it has nothing to do with my discussion.
I don't care that you think people should upgrade their phone based on capabilities. I don't care that you think a better screen doesn't add any capability. See what I did there?
2IS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 04:06 PM   #205
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I don't care that you think people should upgrade their phone based on capabilities. I don't care that you think a better screen doesn't add any capability. See what I did there?
Do you have an argument as to how the screen adds processing power? If not, no more replies from you.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:22 PM   #206
Elit3
macrumors regular

I wonder if they can actually beat 460DPI of the HTC ONE, or just sell a 350DPI display as retina with there absolutely impeccable marketing skills, (the only reason Apple is still in existence is marketing, don't try and deny this, I will shut you down with benchmarks, facts, stats, prices and specs).
Elit3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 09:30 AM   #207
seecoolguy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
I wonder if they can actually beat 460DPI of the HTC ONE, or just sell a 350DPI display as retina with there absolutely impeccable marketing skills, (the only reason Apple is still in existence is marketing, don't try and deny this, I will shut you down with benchmarks, facts, stats, prices and specs).
yes, but all the benchmarks, prices and specs don't add up to one package anywhere else.

I agree the HTC ONE has an amazing screen and for me the front facing speakers are cool. but for me the phone is too BIG a phone. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I've had Android phones before that I have side-by-side tested with my iPhone 4. I always have given up the Android phone, it has seemed to large a phone to keep in my pocket, and looks weird hanging off my belt.
seecoolguy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:35 AM   #208
Fairthrope
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlligatorBloodz View Post
I guess I will wait for the 6 then. I really want that goldilocks screen. One that is big enough to do some light reading while on the move, but small enough for my pocket.
So what's wrong with the current one? Too narrow?
Fairthrope is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:20 AM   #209
Elit3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seecoolguy View Post
yes, but all the benchmarks, prices and specs don't add up to one package anywhere else.

I agree the HTC ONE has an amazing screen and for me the front facing speakers are cool. but for me the phone is too BIG a phone. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I've had Android phones before that I have side-by-side tested with my iPhone 4. I always have given up the Android phone, it has seemed to large a phone to keep in my pocket, and looks weird hanging off my belt.
Yep, that is personal preference. And I would have agreed with you 2 years ago.
Elit3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion