Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donklaus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
The Intuos 5 medium, and the Bamboo Create.

Which to keep? I interested in taking my Photoshop levels to a higher level and working Illustrator on logo design and other design projects.

The Amazon credit would go to other purchases, but don't really need any other equipment just now.

Opinions?

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Personally I can always find things on Amazon to spend money on, so I'd go with the cheaper one to see how you use it and if you get a lot out of the tablet (I have one of the less expensive Wacoms and have learned I really don't use it much).

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I personally love the Intuos, so that's my vote. Pricing aside it's a better tablet and if you're a great artist you'll get some incredible results.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Personally I can always find things on Amazon to spend money on, so I'd go with the cheaper one to see how you use it and if you get a lot out of the tablet (I have one of the less expensive Wacoms and have learned I really don't use it much).

I second this logic. I'm always spending money at Amazon and my iPad is essentially a toy.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
+1 for Intuos. The Bamboo is great for people on a budget but honestly you'll appreciate what the Intuos has to offer in terms of customizability and pen input.

You'll really see benefits using software like Corel Painter and ZBrush.

donklaus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Kept the Intuos 5, RMA'd the Bamboo Create

Thanks to those who provided thoughtful responses. I actually can see merits for both sides. I kept the Intuos because personally the knowledge that I'm working with less-capable equipment than necessary is a real source of frustration. I may not need the sophistication of the Intuos 5 today, but I do know that as my skills grow I won't be limited by hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.