Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Dookieman
macrumors regular

Quesion on data service plans.

My wife and I are currently have Verizon iPhone's, a 4S and 4 with unlimited data plans. My wife and I are due for upgrades this December. My question is, am I grandfathered in with unlimited LTE data if I buy the iPhone 5 with a new contract? If not, if my wife buys the new iPhone 5 and signs a new contract with a tiered data plan, can she transfer the iPhone 5 to me and will I be able to keep the unlimited data with LTE since I wouldn't technically be signing a new contract (I use much more data than she does)? And I give her my iPhone 4s.

Sorry if it seems confusing. Thanks!
Dookieman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:40 PM   #2
alphaod
macrumors Core

Yes, you can use your wife's upgrade to do retain your unlimited data plan.

If you upgrade with your own line, you will lose said data plan.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice