Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I completely agree with the OP on the feel of the original iPhone. It was truly a privilege to own an iPhone in 2007-2008. The original and even the 3G/3GS felt best. I'd be totally fine if they came back with that design, even in 3.5".

Totally agree. Although I would prefer they keep the 4" screen.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
The only things I miss when I use my 2G are capacity and 3G speed, everything else on the device is perfect.

The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.

?? It's all relative, yes, the screen is "subpar" compared to the iPhone 5 screen, just like the graphics of a Gamecube game are "subpar" to those of the Wii U. Does that make it less usable in any way? Not in my book.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Why is it when I told the OP his fingernails were nasty the post was immediately yanked? But someone suggesting he use a SIM removal tool to clean his nasty, dirty, disgusting nails is fine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.