Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applerepairhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
hi, i have an intel imac 17. The imac had the usual vertical lines on the display so i decided to change out the motherboard. I got one from ebay that says it has been tested to work. I set everything back up again and now all i get is the fans spining and the white light on solid. there is nothing on the display and no start up sound. any idea what could be going on? thank

jpcoelho

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Aveiro, Portugal
hi, i have an intel imac 17. The imac had the usual vertical lines on the display so i decided to change out the motherboard. I got one from ebay that says it has been tested to work. I set everything back up again and now all i get is the fans spining and the white light on solid. there is nothing on the display and no start up sound. any idea what could be going on? thank

Hi!

usually that problem is not related with the logic board... did the vertical lines appear when connected to an external display?
there are numerous reports stating that the problem is solved by changing screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.