Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Without doubt, the mini is my favourite iPad.
When you go back to the iPad 3, sure it looks stunning; but you just can't go back after you've used the mini... The weight and size of this thing is fantastic.

A score, 9/10 for the mini. Of course it'd be great to have a retina display and an A6 for all the big games out there, but for the price, and thinness of it, I think it's an extremely good product.

Properly impressed...

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
9.87 for my Mini.

I am genuinely pleased with this package over the ipad 1 and the ipad 3, both models of which I returned/sold.

My Mini is a pre-order cellular so I've had it a few weeks.

I actually logged on just to find an appropriate thread to comment in.

rrjr80

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I actually bought an iPad mini for my son as a Christmas gift and planned to continue using my iPad 3. Well, after using his iPad mini here and there I decided I had to have one.

I was able to score one today and I love the thing. I didn't think I could give up retina, but I don't really miss it. The size, weight and overall form factor of the mini outweighs the fact that it doesn't have a retina display, for me at least.

My iPad has already sold on eBay and has paid for my new mini, and then some. I'll consider upgrading when a mini with retina is offered as long as there are no size or weight compromises.

So score wise, I give the mini a 9 out of 10.

Last edited:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
Well I'm going back to the mini from the 4. As gorgeous as that retina display is, the size & weight of the mini just takes it to a whole different level.

I'd give the iPad 4 an 8 out of 10. It just becomes too uncomfortable to use for long periods of time, and games feel a bit cumbersome.

The mini is definitely a 9.5 or so. When a retina display model comes it will probably become a 10.

Last edited:

lovetamarav

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2011
I'd give my iPad 4 an 8/10. I wish it were a bit lighter and that the screen repelled fingerprints better.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I'll give my iPad 4 a 10/10. I was going to give it a 9 as it would be more perfect if it was a little thinner and lighter, but decided not to zing it for something that is not possible for it to be at the moment. :)

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I don't own a mini but I can rate an iPad 4:
9.5/10. 0.5 off as I wish it was the same thickness as the 2. The fact that it is very slightly thicker makes many of my iPad 2 stands go obsolete as they don't fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.