Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Why did you switch over to t-mobile?

• Cheaper Plan costs

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Unlocked iPhone

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Unlimited Data

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better coverage in the area

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • No overage charges

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Just to want to move away from ATT, Verizon, Sprint

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Actually, according to the website and the person I spoke to at T-Mobile you cannot get free mobile hotspot with the unlimited data plan. You can only get the free mobile hotspot if you choose the 2gig or 500mb plans.

You can still add a certain amount of hotspot data to your unlimited plan for an additional fee (similar to AT&T and Verizon).

Jailbreak an get a mobile hotspot using tetherme or mywi:) problem solved

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Actually, according to the website and the person I spoke to at T-Mobile you cannot get free mobile hotspot with the unlimited data plan. You can only get the free mobile hotspot if you choose the 2gig or 500mb plans.

You can still add a certain amount of hotspot data to your unlimited plan for an additional fee (similar to AT&T and Verizon).

The unlimited data plan comes with 500mb of hotspot by default. Options are available to add 2.5gb for $10 or 4.5gb for $20.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL

No you do get free mobile hotspot. Only 500MB of mobile hotspot w/ truly unlimited. If you want more, you can add 2.5GB for $10, 4.5 for $20 and so on up to 12GB.

Ah, didn't notice the guy up top posted the same thing. What he said.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW

I have the T-mobile Simple $50+20 unlimited plan and it comes with free mobile hotspot, not just unlimited but only 500mb. I've added $10 for an additional 2GB worth of mobile hotspot, bringing a total of $80.

EDIT: Ooops 2 posted above said the same thing

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
No you do get free mobile hotspot. Only 500MB of mobile hotspot w/ truly unlimited. If you want more, you can add 2.5GB for $10, 4.5 for $20 and so on up to 12GB.

I hope I can still use a tmobile sim for a AT&T iPad mini, I'm only going to do this since I lost my unlimited hotspot. It would only add $30 to my bill.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I hope I can still use a tmobile sim for a AT&T iPad mini, I'm only going to do this since I lost my unlimited hotspot. It would only add $30 to my bill.

You will have to use T-Mobile data only sim in the iPad. Any other SIM card will direct you to a sign up page. For 3.5GB data, it costs $35.

----------

No. There are two $70 unlimited plans, one postpaid and the other prepaid. The prepaid has no hotspot and you can not buy any. The postpaid has 500MB free and more for set prices.

CharismaticNerd

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Straight talk, i had less data, the CsR were incompetent, and couldn't stream at all.
With T mobile, i have more data, a better experience, and i can watch a 3 minute youtube video without being throttled bellow dialup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.