|May 6, 2013, 09:06 PM||#1|
OSX Server website hosting
So I have a mac mini, purchased a domain from godaddy, now how do I host it on my OSX server? I have read through articles at osx411.com but still can not figure it out. At one point I was told to make the mini a DMZ on my router? I changed nameservers and everthing, which could be incorrect possibly. Any help?
|May 6, 2013, 10:53 PM||#2|
Edit: You are pointing your go daddy domain to your DNS address correct?
|May 7, 2013, 02:01 AM||#3|
Trying to clarify. Disregard if it makes things worse.
1) Your web server has to be up and running. There has to be a website, ie something to show.
2) The computer has to be reachable from internet. Often this means that you have to open ports in your firewall / router. Standard port is as minimum 80. Often the router by default denies all external access into your local computer, that is until you open the ports. This is a good thing as the internet world is full bad boys wanting to take over your computer for their own dark usages.
3) Make sure you have a static IP adress (often costs extra from the internet supplier).
4) Now you can access the computer using your static IP adress, which might be spelled something like 18.104.22.168 (I made up a numer here).
5) You need to get someone hosting DNS to translate between your domain name ( mydomain.com or whatever) and the static IP adress ( 22.214.171.124 or whatever). I believe godaddy will do this for you, but you have to tell them the static IP adress.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hosting my WordPress site at my home using OS X Server?||Luba||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||15||Apr 21, 2014 09:54 AM|
|I'm creating a website with Wordpress. What is the cheapest hosting option?||oxband||Web Design and Development||32||Dec 23, 2013 06:54 PM|
|Please help! Hosting Website and FTP Server||Macs4u||Web Design and Development||6||Sep 1, 2013 09:08 AM|
|OSX Server Website||kiantech||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||2||Aug 24, 2013 07:34 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.