Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:33 PM   #1
anamznazn
macrumors regular

Karaoke software?

I'm looking to get a karaoke software to turn my Macbook Pro into a karaoke machine. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

Also, how are those USB mics compared to real Mics? Would I notice any differences in sound quality? I'm planning to have friends over for a small party.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Jack May
macrumors newbie

Karaoke Software for Mac

Hi if you are looking for a karaoke system for mac then there are really only 2 choices, iStar and kJams, it depends upon what quality you want for your party, personally I think kJams is the best, check out our review at karaoke system for mac

As for USB mics they are ok but they are never going to replace proper leaded mics with XLR or 1/4" jack but they will probably do the job again depending on what quality you want. If you want a better quality you can get a little usb mixer so you can usually connect 2 microphones normally with a jack lead.

Are you connecting your mac to any additional speakers for a better output ?
Jack May is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice