Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Hi guys. Looks like we won't have the iMacs in time for christmas, but thinking we could collectively keep a daily update! As they should hit stores anytime from now. ;) Cheers!!!

Therobart

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Northern Ireland
Good idea, I am phoning the Apple Store near me most days looking for the ultimate 27 imac with Fusion drive. They keep saying they are due to get them in December. My online order is January and I need my imac asap for work. Hoping a batch arrives instore in a few days after Christmas.

Medic

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
London, UK
Yes, I saw both the 21.5 and 27 inch ones at the Westfield in London Shepherds' Bush...They mentioned they wouldn't have any available for sale until the New Year though...:apple:

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Bristol Apple Store in the Mall (Cribbs Causeway) has one 27" iMac on display, I did not ask if they had any in stock.

pfiffi78

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
London, UK
Westfield Stratford City has 21" and 27" demo models but no 27" in stock. I believe they have 21" in stock as I have seen people buy some.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Apple Store bullring has loads of 21.5" and one 27" on display. Sadly this doesn't have a fusion drive in. Very nice machine none the less :D

hammonda1

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
27" I believe will be the in the UK's leading electrical retail outlet from this Sunday the 30th.

Last edited:

Minxy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2012
I was in the Kingston-upon-Thames store yesterday (Friday 28th) and they had the 27" model there and it looked fantastic. The most obviously great feature is the non-reflectiveness of the screen. I've wanted an iMac before but knew it wouldn't be comfortable for my eyes. But this was a brightly lit store and I had no issues with it. I opened up Word and Safari and could see how 2 windows open at the same time would be so useful. Plenty of room too for Final Cut which I tried.

Also the form factor is great. It just looks like a. Big monitor. Of course it isn't completely flat as there is that bulge at the back, but it is very deftly done and considering its a whole computer looks amazing.

I just have to convince myself that the expense is justified! :)

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Just to let you know I got one of the first ones into covent garden. Luckily on Saturday. The only received 15 that morning but no base model so had to spend £200. Regents street was sold out. Hopefully they should be getting stock more often now. Good luck guys. Its a great looking machine with no reflections, razor thin, great speakers! My only grip is that the resolution isn't that great, really notice it when going back to my retina macbook pro. It was actually the reason I sold my iPad mini. Although a great device! It was incredibly hard to read small text so made the decision to wait for the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.