Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:20 AM   #551
DesterWallaboo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Western USA
Instead of sitting around waiting for Uncle Sam to raise your wage. Why not get a better job? Sheesh... sitting around waiting for someone to take care of you is a silly way to live a life.
DesterWallaboo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:34 AM   #552
Merkava_4
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Since everything is related to the price of gasoline and diesel fuel, I think the minimum wage should increase every time the price of gasoline goes up.
Merkava_4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:23 PM   #553
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltepeceno View Post
I lived up in Seattle washington for a year in the early 80's. The first time I saw all of the bc license plates I remember thinking, "man, what are all of the baja california (mexico) cars doing up here". Doh!
I don't get it? I wasn't here in the 80's (I was born in 1996) did the cars or licence plates look like Mexican cars/licence plates?
__________________
MBP Retina 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Quad core Intel i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB Mavericks Unlocked iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey iPod shuffle 4th gen 2GB silver
AppleDeviceUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:28 PM   #554
Carouser
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesterWallaboo View Post
Instead of sitting around waiting for Uncle Sam to raise your wage. Why not get a better job? Sheesh... sitting around waiting for someone to take care of you is a silly way to live a life.
My wage is fine, it's other people's wages I am concerned about, so I'm not sitting around at all.

Also, 'get a better job' is either impossible or unrealistic for many people. It's impossible for one person to transform a labour market.
Carouser is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 01:01 PM   #555
Toltepeceno
macrumors 6502a
 
Toltepeceno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Martin Toltepec, Edo MX, MX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDeviceUser View Post
I don't get it? I wasn't here in the 80's (I was born in 1996) did the cars or licence plates look like Mexican cars/licence plates?
They both had B.C. on them. British columbia and Baja California. The Baja plates said Front BC on them and up there I was thinking canada instead of British columbia. Not exact by any means, but plates can change from year to year and enough similarity to throw someone like me off. Not to mention the 70's and early 80's were kinda hazy.
__________________
Only fanboys use the word "troll".
Saludos!

Last edited by Toltepeceno; Apr 27, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Toltepeceno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:50 PM   #556
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltepeceno View Post
They both had B.C. on them. British columbia and Baja California. The Baja plates said Front BC on them and up there I was thinking canada instead of British columbia. Not exact by any means, but plates can change from year to year and enough similarity to throw someone like me off. Not to mention the 70's and early 80's were kinda hazy.
Oh I see, makes sense haha. I would probably do the same thing if I didn't live in BC.
__________________
MBP Retina 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Quad core Intel i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB Mavericks Unlocked iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey iPod shuffle 4th gen 2GB silver
AppleDeviceUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC