Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I stumbled on a Safari feature that's useful at least for me if you are down towards the bottom of the page and need to zoom back to the top and don't want to finger scroll up. If you touch the area above the Bookmark icon it zooms right back to the top. Nice touch ! :cool:

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Yeah its been their for a while. It will work in most apps to, not just safari.

I like it when I find new little things etc. It was only the other day (I think off here) I found out you can keep your finger on the back button in safari and it brings up the History :)

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
OK cool, that's why I didn't want to take credit for the tip, hate being late to the party. :)

mrstefani

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
Macomb, Michigan
Yeah its been their for a while. It will work in most apps to, not just safari.

I like it when I find new little things etc. It was only the other day (I think off here) I found out you can keep your finger on the back button in safari and it brings up the History :)

Well, I just found that out TODAY. Thanks. :)

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I found that a couple yrs ago and use it daily now. I love it when you fine a new feature you didn't know about. It's like a little iOS Easter egg

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I kind of wish they had a feature to quick scroll to the bottom of a page...would be useful for forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This is one of the best features. Whoever said they have been using it for years....I think it was just released in IOS 5

babbit

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
Another recent tip I found that probably existed all along is if you press and hold the "+" icon for a new tab, instead of a new tab, you can quickly open your recently closed tabs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.