Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottness

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
Anybody else get this? Smart cover no longer "sleeps" or "wakes" the iPad mini after iOS 7 upgrade.

Riverton

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Anybody else get this? Smart cover no longer "sleeps" or "wakes" the iPad mini after iOS 7 upgrade.

For me, it's working even better than before. If I open the cover after a long period of time, I'm no longer barraged with an endless run of notifications across the top of my screen. Instead, I'm shown all of my missed notifications within my the lockscreen, just as if I hit the sleep/wake button.

Have you checked Settings > General > Lock / Unlock?

scottness

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
For me, it's working even better than before. If I open the cover after a long period of time, I'm no longer barraged with an endless run of notifications across the top of my screen. Instead, I'm shown all of my missed notifications within my the lockscreen, just as if I hit the sleep/wake button.

Have you checked Settings > General > Lock / Unlock?

OMG I looked for that setting EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it. Thanks! Works again. :)

Feeling like an idiot… but it would have been nicer if it just worked and I didn't have to reenable it after upgrading.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.