Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:06 AM   #26
J3ffry
macrumors member

Your theory sounds proper, i also thought of something like that. Also because if you don't wipe your screen for some days you can clearly see the "airtrailes" of the vents. But what i would like to add, that in my case i saw the yellowing for the first time at the grey boot screen. So i think it's already there when you receive it.

Talked to Apple Care and looks like there's gonna be a new exchange. Really hope this is gonna be the one (or it's not gonna be worse). This would restore my faith in Apple somewhat haha!

Last edited by J3ffry; Jan 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
J3ffry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:36 AM   #27
J3ffry
macrumors member

Replacement arrived today!

Computer fine!

LG screen however, common listed differences compared to samsung.
Slightly less brighter & cooler color. The cooler color is very easy adjustable trough colorprofiles though. Slight blacklightbleed on the left side, more than on the one before this.

Most important, zero yellow tinting. Very pleased with this, it annoyed the **** out of me.

Also no image retention. People should stop with the samsung obsession. This is my first LG screen, been trough 5 samsungs and this is the best one!

Peace, going to enjoy this laptop now!!
J3ffry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:23 PM   #28
M Powered
macrumors regular

If your happy that's all that matters.

Image retention seems to only appear in extreme cases. I use FB a lot and leave the screen up for 20-30mins at a time sometimes, then switching to LR4 and it will be fine. I have a Samsung now, with my LG I could still see FB when I'm in LR4 :/

Oh, let the screen warm up for 30 minutes after power on before you do any screen evaluations.

Last edited by M Powered; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
M Powered is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro