Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31, 2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Ak95
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
How soon after WWDC will the new MacBooks ship?

Hi there

I've been wanting to purchase a MBA 13" for the past couple of weeks but have delayed it due to a updated model being released at WWDC. How soon after the conference will the MBA start shipping and when can I place a pre order?
Ak95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 07:07 AM   #2
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
It all depends on what apple will say. If they do announce the new MBPs, they may see they're available immediately, or they may say they'll be available in July or something.

I waited about 3 weeks after my ordering mine so you have to keep that in mind too, how far back in the line will you be.
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Ak95
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
It all depends on what apple will say. If they do announce the new MBPs, they may see they're available immediately, or they may say they'll be available in July or something.

I waited about 3 weeks after my ordering mine so you have to keep that in mind too, how far back in the line will you be.
Did you order it on the release day? I ideally wanted mine before July but I guess that might not happen, also I'd be getting a RAM upgrade so that would take even longer to make.
Ak95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 10:18 AM   #4
spykthomas
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Are you looking for an Air or a Pro?

I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the Air and leave the Pros as they are.

I work for reseller and we haven't received any MBA this month at all, but are still getting MBP in regularly. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

You'd probably be fine getting a MBP now, if you need it quickly. But I would wait to see what they announce for the Air.
__________________
This sentence is a lie.
spykthomas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Ak95
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
I'm after the MacBook Air. How long does shipping take usually for an updated mac after WWDC to the UK?
Ak95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 11:16 AM   #6
tgi
macrumors 6502a
 
tgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykthomas View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the Air and leave the Pros as they are.
I really hope this isn't the case

What is the logic behind your statement? Why would Apple update their "consumer" level laptops and leave their flagship models left behind using last generation processors.
tgi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 12:29 PM   #7
ToomeyND
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgi View Post
I really hope this isn't the case

What is the logic behind your statement? Why would Apple update their "consumer" level laptops and leave their flagship models left behind using last generation processors.
I'm guessing you stopped reading his post. He clearly states the logic for his prediction one line below his prediction.
ToomeyND is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 03:50 PM   #8
tgi
macrumors 6502a
 
tgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomeyND View Post
I'm guessing you stopped reading his post. He clearly states the logic for his prediction one line below his prediction.
Yep, totally missed it.
tgi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:17 AM   #9
spykthomas
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak95 View Post
I'm after the MacBook Air. How long does shipping take usually for an updated mac after WWDC to the UK?
Apple usually release products in the UK pretty soon after the US, couple of weeks maybe. But stock will be tight, as always. If you are desperate, then order it as soon as it is available online.
__________________
This sentence is a lie.
spykthomas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 601
 
Michaelgtrusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Everywhere And Nowhere
July perhaps.
__________________
iMACAll life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
TWITTER TUMBLR
Michaelgtrusa is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrier: (Verizon) Anyone with 10/14 expected ship date ship yet? xNYMetsx iPhone 4 Oct 10, 2013 04:11 PM
How fast do MacBooks (Especially Airs) run out of stock after announcing it on WWDC? unknownfps MacBook Air 5 Jun 10, 2013 11:42 AM
Do the new MacBooks usually ship right after the event? Mr. RPG MacBook Air 3 Jun 1, 2013 05:42 AM
Ship from? newmacusercanad iMac 3 Nov 30, 2012 08:06 PM
How long will it take Apple to ship their MacBooks with Mountain Lion installed? mac.fanatic OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 Sep 6, 2012 11:21 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC