Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:56 AM   #1
ThatGreekMacGuy
macrumors member

Steam for Mac is not responding!?

Hey guys I'm downloading Counter-Strike: Source for Mac through Steam. Steam is the only application that's currently running. Suddenly, the download progress has stopped at 66% and the app is not responding. What should I do? By the way, I have access to the Internet. Should I quit the app? If I do that, how will i start downloading again? Thanks. I never had such a problem with any app but Steam.
ThatGreekMacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:37 AM   #2
saotomefirst
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGreekMacGuy View Post
Hey guys I'm downloading Counter-Strike: Source for Mac through Steam. Steam is the only application that's currently running. Suddenly, the download progress has stopped at 66% and the app is not responding. What should I do? By the way, I have access to the Internet. Should I quit the app? If I do that, how will i start downloading again? Thanks. I never had such a problem with any app but Steam.
Hi there,

I have Steam too and sometimes that happens to me too. I usually solve it by:

- making sure I'm still connected to the web (open a web page or 2)
- pausing all Steam downloads and resume only 1 (if you resume all it may get too slow/stop)
- if all else fails, force quit Steam and reopen it. The download isn't lost - at least what's been really downloaded - and you can resume it manually if needed.

Try these out and see if it works for you
saotomefirst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3
ThatGreekMacGuy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saotomefirst View Post
Hi there,

I have Steam too and sometimes that happens to me too. I usually solve it by:

- making sure I'm still connected to the web (open a web page or 2)
- pausing all Steam downloads and resume only 1 (if you resume all it may get too slow/stop)
- if all else fails, force quit Steam and reopen it. The download isn't lost - at least what's been really downloaded - and you can resume it manually if needed.

Try these out and see if it works for you
Thanks it worked. :P
ThatGreekMacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store