Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
Hey all,

Wanted a bit of advice as I found a local seller for an iMac I may be looking for. Given the brief description below, would you advise on digging deeper into this or do you view the pricing as fair?

21" iMac w/500GB HD, 4GB RAM, Loaded w/ Adobe Master Collection CS5, iWork '09, VMware Fusion w/Windows 7 Ultimate & Much More - $1,100

Any advice will be appreciated

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Need a little more info about this iMac, but seems alright if towards the higher end. Are you are getting the licenses for all the software? Then again, are you going to use all that software? Remember the software means nothing unless you are going to use it. The licenses are important if you are ever planning on upgrading them down the road or ever have to reinstall them. I think you should look at software as an added bonus. Never as part of the selling price. Many others may not agree with me, but I am just giving you my opinion.

Apple is only asking $979 for this iMac I listed below. Even top of the line 21.5 refurb only goes for $1229. Remember these refurbs also come with full warranty as well. Warranty is always good to have.

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Originally released May 2011
21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
4GB memory
500GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics with 512MB memory

Built-in FaceTime HD camera

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Without factoring in the softwares you will get, seems a bit high for a 21.5" iMac. Maybe shop around for a bigger screen like 24". I am just assuming the softwares are installed and the seller does not provide the install discs/licenses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.