Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
Updated to iOS7 and iTunes 11.1 on iPhone 4S and I can no longer sync music to the phone.
It won`t allow me to drag and drop music to it either, it just skips past the transfer and sticks on "Waiting for changes to be applied".

Is this a common issue as I`m not sure whether to keep beating my head against a brick wall or just wait for an update to iOS/iTunes?
Problem occurs whether I choose "manually manage music" or not.

Pretty livid about it tbh as I can no longer use the phone as an iPod.

Is it worth doing a factory reset on the iphone?

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
Scratch that, it`s now syncing.
Unchecked and rechecked "Manually manage..."

If that`s the only issue I get then I`m happy.
Itunes is still pants though ;-)

christian9000

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2014
Possible Fix

Hey Everyone. After updating to iOS7/iTunes11.1, my songs did not sync to my iPhone 5. I could see the songs, but their titles where in gray, and where inactive.

By chance I was found this fix. Under Settings>Music I activated:
> Lyrics and Podcast Info
> Group By Album Artist
> Show All Music

and deactivated:
>iTunes Match.

All my songs now appear in black, and are able to synch with iTunes.
This problem was really frustrating, and I hope this fix sorts it out for other users out there.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I keep having this issue too and it makes me not want to use my phone anymore. It also gets stuck in "cancelling sync". I have to go thru all these random things for it to eventually work. But if I plug in and don't have time, it randomly deleted a lot of the music synced last time.

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
My iTunes will also sync the music to the phone, but it will be greyed out when the phone music directory is viewed in iTunes. After a few resyncs, it normally appears on the phone. In some cases, I've had to remove the music and sync it again. Not fun!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.