Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Why would you want to abuse someone who is just doing the job they are doing. I think OP has some serious other issues.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Well the guy at tmobile let me use his nano sim cutter for free. But he asked me to do it since he didn't want to take the responsibility which is fare enough.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I went to a T-Mobile store and I'm a current customer. I had an AT&T pre-paid that expired, so I wanted to use my iPhone 5 and sell the iPhone 4 I had. Of course, I didn't mention the iPhone 5 because they would most likely upgrade my plan. I took in my free SIM since T-Mobile likes to give them away. They cut it wrong and wanted me to pay $20 for another one. I don't know how they cut it wrong but they did. I asked for another SIM (he hesitated and gave me another one) and they activated it. Of course it didn't work. I was fed up and went home. I cut my own Nano SIM and activated it over the phone. Within 5 minutes I was up.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
They give them out for free if you're a customer. Price is $20 in store if you're not. Online prices are different from their in store prices. Honestly you could've just activated a $10 pay as you go plan and gotten it all for $10 plus tax.

----------

They sell them for $20 in store. Initially the guy that helped me said it would be $20, but by checkout he didn't charge me anything.

----------

I'm confused by the "custom cut, not factory cut" statement. Are these micro sims that they're cutting into nano sims?

Those look like full-sized sim cards that they cut into nano sims. The factory cut nano sims look like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Mobile-Na...40472?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item3cceaf6b18&_uhb=1

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
WINNING!!!!!!!!!!

Just got one for ONLY $4.99!!!

That guy at t mobile can **** ** ****!!!!

Thanks so much!! You rock dude!
Most people who deal with the public have a attitude test for clients. That test has a sliding scale based on amount of money to be made. in your case it's pretty clear how you did. Winning? seriously??

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Most people who deal with the public have a attitude test for clients. That test has a sliding scale based on amount of money to be made. in your case it's pretty clear how you did. Winning? seriously??

Please translate to English?

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Also, T-Mobile's network quality sucks.

I assume you mean coverage. When in a good area for T-mobile, 3G speeds and call quality are much better than AT&T (AT&T HSPA network is almost unusable in many areas of the US). Of course T-mobile lacks LTE but their HSPA is extremely fast. The problem is their coverage area is no where near as good as AT&T and Verizon.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I assume you mean coverage. When in a good area for T-mobile, 3G speeds and call quality are much better than AT&T (AT&T HSPA network is almost unusable in many areas of the US). Of course T-mobile lacks LTE but their HSPA is extremely fast. The problem is their coverage area is no where near as good as AT&T and Verizon.

That's precisely the problem. Anytime you go remotely "deep" (I use that word loosely) into a building or a store or a mall coverage/data drops significantly, rendering T-Mobile virtually useless.

I deal with this all the time. I plan to switch soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.