Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1
diazj3
macrumors 6502a

iTunes 11 - how to roll back to previous version

This thread is for those not happy with iTunes 11, but already upgraded, regret it, and wish to go back.

For whatever reason.

Please, no arguments about which one is better or why. Don't judge.

So, if you've already decided to revert to the previous version of iTunes, here are the questions, and hopefully, the answers.

Thanks to those who provide help...
diazj3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
if you have a TM backup, go with that. it seems that when you upgrade and install to 11 it alters the library. Some have tried deleting and then reinstalling the older version and run into library issues.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3
diazj3
macrumors 6502a

Reverting is not as clean cut as just replacing the new version with the one in your backup. I didn't use Time Machine, but a clone, but the principle is the same.
  • When you first try replacing it, you'll need to change the iTunes.app permissions or send the new iTunes to the trash, since OS X wont let you replace it as easily.
  • You'll also need to bring back the old iTunes libraries too, or it wont open.
  • Once replaced, every time I open iTunes it gives me a bunch of weird errors, the most troubling one being not recognizing my iPhone...
Click image for larger version

Name:	error 1.png
Views:	19
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	380592

Name:	error 2.png
Views:	24
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	380593

Name:	error 3.png
Views:	14
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	380594

Name:	error 4.png
Views:	20
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	380595

I used to have my library configured in two mac so I could manage my iPhone and iPods in both.... I guess that's broken too.

Once reverted, it also breaks the link with the Remote app on my phone... I'm yet to see if my Apple TV also gets any problems.

Any ideas on what are these error messages and how to fix them?
diazj3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store