Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Howard54
macrumors member

New SSD and iTunes Media Library

I have just installed an SSD as the new boot C: drive on my PC. I installed iTunes 11 on the SSD. I copied my old iTunes folder, including the iTunes media library, to the hard drive now labeled D. How do I get iTunes to identify the iTunes library and media on the D drive and display it within iTunes?
Howard54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2
SingularityG
macrumors 6502

Tried this?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard54 View Post
I have just installed an SSD as the new boot C: drive on my PC. I installed iTunes 11 on the SSD. I copied my old iTunes folder, including the iTunes media library, to the hard drive now labeled D. How do I get iTunes to identify the iTunes library and media on the D drive and display it within iTunes?
Hold down the option key when you launch iTunes and you will get a popup asking where the iTunes library is. Just point it to your D: drive.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store