Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Without the apple bias... Do you think there are other phones there with better reception? I need to decide if perhaps a differently AT&T phone will help my reception woes. I currently have an iPhone 5. I don't want to leave AT&T but I'm going a little nuts. I'm thinking of buying a used droid of some sort to test. I'm worried the service isn't going to improve for a while and I want to make sure it isn't my phone. There's a whole different thread about everything I have done to trouble shoot the problem.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If service is terrible then chances are its not the iPhones fault.
If you're at a dead zone or in an area with poor service then using a droid or any other cellphone will not magically give you full bars service where you had 1 bar before.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I found the iPhone 4S and 5 have pretty good reception compared to other smartphones (BB and Samsung) on AT&T where I live (SF Bay Area). The iPhone 4 was definitely subpar.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I found the iPhone 4S and 5 have pretty good reception compared to other smartphones (BB and Samsung) on AT&T where I live (SF Bay Area). The iPhone 4 was definitely subpar.

Totally agree... My iPhone 4 was a nightmare. Between the reception and the crazy proximity sensor... I was so happy when the 4s came out. What a huge difference that was!

----------

If service is terrible then chances are its not the iPhones fault.
If you're at a dead zone or in an area with poor service then using a droid or any other cellphone will not magically give you full bars service where you had 1 bar before.

Say it ain't so! ;(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.