Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frocktar

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I've been having this same issue ever since I got an iPad 4. For me it happens in anywhere there is scrolling but it only lasts a few seconds. Very sporadic. Makes me think there is some kind of bug that bogs down the processor every few minutes or something. Probably not worth mentioning to Apple at this point since engineers make you list an exact set of circumstances that these things happen. In this case there are none. It's random.

Mine also only lasts a few seconds. Not a huge deal as long as it wasn't specific to my ipad alone as then it could be a sign of bigger problems.

Frocktar

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I think the App Store jitter is something else entirely, this just the App Store being crap now, it dd that on my ipad 2 also. In my opinion they are two different issues, the App Store being bad coding or something.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I think the App Store jitter is something else entirely, this just the App Store being crap now, it dd that on my ipad 2 also. In my opinion they are two different issues, the App Store being bad coding or something.
It's not bad coding. Apple decided to load the entire page you are viewing in the App Store, so you have to wait for it to load. That minimizes the jitters while scrolling.

In the past your page views were broken into pages so you had to scroll to view addtional content. I'm still puzzled why change things on the App Store/

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
My iPad 4 and my iPad mini have always jumped in the App Store app. Still does if you scroll through purchased items.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.