Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:45 PM   #2751
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackglass View Post
I'm afraid I don't agree. If Apple selectively appoint resellers to distribute their products they have an obligation to deliver goods in timely fashion and NOT favour their direct ordering customers over reseller orders.

If Apple were to adopt the policy to which you allude, it would be disgraceful business practice. Otherwise why would they have resellers at all?

5 WEEKS NOW AND COUNTING!
You are assuming Apple is delaying shipments to the reseller, unless you have contrary evidence you argument doesn't hold water.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:34 PM   #2752
blackglass
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaufmann87 View Post
You are assuming Apple is delaying shipments to the reseller, unless you have contrary evidence you argument doesn't hold water.
I obviously didn't make myself clear. No I wasn't suggesting Apple are delaying shipments to resellers in my reply but it seems you were correct in your original reply, in that I would have received it earlier should I have ordered from Apple directly.

I have just spoken to my reseller an hour or so ago, they claim that Apple are notorious for treating their resellers poorly. If that is so I believe it's an appalling business practice by Apple.

It makes little commercial sense to appoint accredited resellers only to disadvantage them later.
blackglass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:02 AM   #2753
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackglass View Post
I have just spoken to my reseller an hour or so ago, they claim that Apple are notorious for treating their resellers poorly. If that is so I believe it's an appalling business practice by Apple.
That argument also doesn't hold water and is likely not the full story. Apple is an extremely well run business. This means that if a reseller is not keeping up with their part of their contract with Apple for example not paying their bills to Apple on-time, not keeping their staff trained, etc.. Apple will enforce the contract and may withhold product until the reseller is in compliance.

If I were a reseller I certainly wouldn't want my customers (you) to know I wasn't running my business per my contract agreement.

I suggest you ask tough questions, and the next time you are in market for an Apple product and are considering a reseller research delivery times ahead of putting your money on the table.

I know of other resellers that rarely have issues getting product from Apple, from what I can tell they are well run businesses.

Last edited by balamw; Aug 1, 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
rkaufmann87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:53 AM   #2754
seungboy
macrumors newbie

32GB memory upgrade?

so where is everyone buying the 32GB memory from? any brand better than others?
seungboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 02:09 PM   #2755
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by seungboy View Post
Depending on where you are on the planet. Two stand-out vendors are OWC www.macsales.com and Crucial. If you are in the US, I prefer OWC...anywhere else Crucial is a very solid vendor.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 07:04 PM   #2756
blackglass
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Depending on where you are on the planet. Two stand-out vendors are OWC www.macsales.com and Crucial. If you are in the US, I prefer OWC...anywhere else Crucial is a very solid vendor.
Thanks for the advice but I am dealing with the largest Apple reseller in Australia.

----------

Quote:
That argument also doesn't hold water and is likely not the full story. Apple is an extremely well run business. This means that if a reseller is not keeping up with their part of their contract with Apple for example not paying their bills to Apple on-time, not keeping their staff trained, etc.. Apple will enforce the contract and may withhold product until the reseller is in compliance.

If I were a reseller I certainly wouldn't want my customers (you) to know I wasn't running my business per my contract agreement.

I suggest you ask tough questions, and the next time you are in market for an Apple product and are considering a reseller research delivery times ahead of putting your money on the table.

I know of other resellers that rarely have issues getting product from Apple, from what I can tell they are well run businesses.
I appreciate your comments. I doubt that there is a problem between my reseller and Apple (I can't be certain) because they are the largest independant dealer in Aus. The deal I got was a 'special' advertised on their site as an end of financial year special. It is a powerful special build iMac 27.

I did question the reseller about delivery prior to ordering and was told (as stated in my original post) 10-15 days which became 2-4 weeks which lately has turned into 4-5 weeks. Now... well who knows?

In addition, I searched the Whirlpool forums (here in Oz) about the reseller and their reputation in Australia and overwhelmingly the hundreds of comments were positive. There were comments about slow delivery but they invariably related to new product lines where delays could be expected. My reseller has been an Apple dealer for for over 15 years.

Each time I talk to the reseller they tell me that EVERY RESELLER IN AUSTRALIA has issues with Apple and their delivery times. The tell me that Apple disadvantage (my language not theirs) their resellers by offering preferential service to direct Apple customers and that communication with Apple is sparce.

I find the whole scenario frustrating because I reckon I can place a special order on a European motor vehicle and have it delivered in less time I would think.

If, and I add 'IF' my reseller is correct, and Apple intentionally disadvantage their 'hand picked' resellers in Australia, I still believe that is an appalling business practice.

Last edited by blackglass; Aug 1, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
blackglass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 09:17 PM   #2757
Rud3Bwoy
macrumors regular

Quote:
amazon got mines yesterday works great
Rud3Bwoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2014, 05:22 PM   #2758
yellerdied
macrumors newbie

Picked up my 9/13-make iMac refurb from the store a few hours ago.
Bonus- 775M switched up to 780M
That's the only thing different from my order that I can tell, so far.

Portal 2's downloading...

Last edited by yellerdied; Aug 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM.
yellerdied is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2014, 06:46 AM   #2759
Beenz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I have always used Crucial memory for upgrades, a little more expensive than other brands but have never failed on me yet
Beenz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Tags
imac 2011, thunderbolt