Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:29 PM   #1
steveOooo
macrumors 6502

Wireless Headset for Fitness DVD

Looking to create some fitness DVDs - the instructor will be conducting quite vigorous exercises (a 30 min 'insanity' drop dead at the end type affair).

I can sense the budget wont be huge - is there a cheap-ish (200) headset with cardioid pick up that I can wirelessly connect to a Sony EX3?

I have a Senhhesier wireless lapel mic bought with this kit - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...tag=mysp085-21

will any-ol headset with a lockable 3.5mm jack socket work? need it to be cardiod and not fall off whens shes thrusting and jiggling etc...

Last edited by steveOooo; Jun 13, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
steveOooo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:50 PM   #2
diamond3
macrumors 6502a

I don't have a solid answer right now, but I am going to be back on a studio shoot for another fitness DVD on monday and will try to see what they are using. They've hired a guy for the day in the past that specifically handles audio, so i've never looked into it. Although this setup is used for large, high-end production videos so it may more than you're willing or able to spend.

They've always used over the ear microphones attached to a wireless receiver with the cable taped down the back of the neck. I am thinking part of the reason for using the over the ear is that a standard lapel might rub on the clothing and create lots of noise with excessive movement.

Something like this I believe was tied into a shure wireless system:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Headworn.html
diamond3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Arrowk127
macrumors newbie

Might want to check out Countryman E6. Its a very professional mic and is almost invisible. They make them in a bunch of different options and include caps that adjust the sound. They might be able to get you one with the connector required for your wireless transmitter.
Arrowk127 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4
mooblie
macrumors 6502

Looks to me like you need something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/YPA-MM4-C4SE.../dp/B007S66ZFI
...to go with the Senny body-worn G3 transmitter pack you already have.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video