Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucidhysteria

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2013
Can someone with access to it let us know whether they've undone what I consider iTunes 11's biggest stupidity, in which the Up Next's list INSISTS on filling itself with random stuff I don't ask for when I just want to listen to one album?

I probably shouldn't jump in on this, and I'm not trying to be condescending or rude, either, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Since when does the Up Next feature add anything by itself? I add music manually, and whatever I add is all there is in Up Next. Does Up Next really autofill for you (and others on here who haven't argued with your main premise)??

In any case, you know you can add entire albums to Up Next at once, right? Even multiple albums at once (just right click on them in albums view, or anywhere else, as far as I know). And they should play in the order you add them, unshuffled.

Sorry — that's probably not helpful at all (I'm sure you already knew it), but I've never seen this autofill functionality or had any problems and I simply can't fathom what you're talking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 5.42.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 5.42.47 PM.png
    735.2 KB · Views: 106

blabliblu

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2013
For having used iTunes for 10 years, I can say it's BY FAR the worst Apple product/software of all.

It's getting more and more bloated, slow, inefficient, uninnovative and late (still no Flac? No streaming library? No Subgenres field? No Label field? No plugins?)

A huge piece of **** that used to be, with the iPod, the first reason why I switched to Apple a while ago...

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
I hope the current radio station button is still there and working. I use itunes to tune in to internet radio stations a lot.

It is, it's just simply labeled as internet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 6.43.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 6.43.07 PM.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 135

tanousjm

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
For everyone not seeing the Notification Center banners for iTunes tracks, it's only doing it for me when iTunes is NOT the active application. So start playing a song, bring another app to the front, then use your keyboard media controls to change tracks. You'll then see the Notification Center banner.

On another note, I'm a paid iOS and Mac developer in the U.S., I'm running the 11.1 beta on Mavericks B4, and I can't find iRadio anywhere in the app. What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! I'm still not used to the new iTunes interface after all this time; kept looking for it in the sidebar :\

itunes11_1iradio.jpg

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
For everyone not seeing the Notification Center banners for iTunes tracks, it's only doing it for me when iTunes is NOT the active application. So start playing a song, bring another app to the front, then use your keyboard media controls to change tracks. You'll then see the Notification Center banner.

Yeah, this is the case.

I wish they would make the notifications links to the page to buy them in the iTunes Store. Would love that.

Would be nice to make another button to match my Dictation one and automatically start playing the last radio station with a combination-click of a button. :D Hmmm...

tubular

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2011
Sorry — that's probably not helpful at all (I'm sure you already knew it), but I've never seen this autofill functionality or had any problems and I simply can't fathom what you're talking about.

Actually, very helpful, as it made me double check whether I have made a complete fool of myself or only half a fool. I'm describing the behavior if you're setting the queue using the Remote app on the iPad or iPhone. The OSX app does indeed work as you describe. The iOS app does not. So the answer is: only half a fool.

The use case is myself on a couch with a good book and my iPad mini nearby, wanting to pick my music without having to trudge over to the computer if I have a sudden inspiration on what I'd like to hear next. It hadn't occured to me that the desktop Up Next would behave differently than the iPad Up Next. Seems it's only the iPad remote which comes with a free Clippy impersonation.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Interesting....

I was aware of iRadio. But seems as Apple is in a hurry to deploy the system....hope that will be well implemented, no matter only in USA to start....

:):apple:

juanmanas

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
For having used iTunes for 10 years, I can say it's BY FAR the worst Apple product/software of all.

It's getting more and more bloated, slow, inefficient, uninnovative and late (still no Flac? No streaming library? No Subgenres field? No Label field? No plugins?)

A huge piece of **** that used to be, with the iPod, the first reason why I switched to Apple a while ago...

Ok. I was already missing the nearly suicidal character...

Buy a PC and use Real Player, or Winamp, or even better, windows media player.

----------

I was aware of iRadio. But seems as Apple is in a hurry to deploy the system....hope that will be well implemented, no matter only in USA to start....

:):apple:

Works quite well so far.

Im afraid only in the USA for a while. Apple will have to negotiate separate deals in every country and some of them are nearly impossible. They still believe the CD will do a comeback...

mirzank

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
hey just updated to itunes 11 beta 1 but can't find a way to use itunes radio even though i'm logged into my itunes account (american account). i haven't upgraded to mavericks, do you need both the updated OS and updated iTunes? or just the current beta will do on 10.8?

I've looked through the menus just can't see anything. would appreciate if one of you can guide me.

edit: just clicked the arrow next to a song and it says "new station from artist" and "new station from song". is this it?

also, if i select by artist does it just create a station for current artist, and from song creates similar genre songs regardless of artist? no, iv'e never used pandora.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i'm really looking forward to iTunes Radio. i hope it tracks what i listen to in a more efficient manner than genius and will give me good recommendations

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Not really, on the mac side they have an existing pool of testers. Makes perfect sense they'd iron out some of the bugs on mac before doing a windows beta.

dallardice

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Beta shuffle problems

Anyone else seeing problems with Shuffle in the beta?

If I click on a playlist and then the shuffle icon at the top of the list, the playlist starts playing in order, not shuffled. If I use the Remote app on my iPad or iPhone and select the shuffle icon from there, then the playlist shuffles, but always in the same way, and in a rather unsatisfying way (e.g. 7 out of the first 20 tracks by the same artist...) Have reported it as a bug but surprised not to see any other reports of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.