Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ralittle2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Regardless of the day the new iMac's launch, what is the tip off that that they are available on a day? In other words, what time of day in the U.S. will they show up on the online store? Past launches for certain products have taken place during an Apple event, but this time there will be no event.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Regardless of the day the new iMac's launch, what is the tip off that that they are available on a day? In other words, what time of day in the U.S. will they show up on the online store? Past launches for certain products have taken place during an Apple event, but this time there will be no event.
No one knows but Apple.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
typically everything happens with Apple either at 9am PT, or at 10am PT (usually just announcements/events though)

but, it's Apple, and pre-announcing a product like this isn't exactly "typical"

I'll be refreshing every day at 9am ET, 12pm ET and 1pm ET (and maybe a few times in the afternoon) until they're available :)

ralittle2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Thx for your reply. I just wondered how and if this was coordinated to the opening of the Apple retail stores. I live in ET, and I think the stores open at either 9 or 10 a.m., so I'd expect that once they open and if there isn't anything under the XMAS tree then it would have to wait till the next day. Unless online ordering happened before you can buy in the store, which I'd doubt, but then again who knows.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
If I were a betting man, I would put a chunk of cash down on Black Friday morning. Very early morning.

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
probably released tomorrow since they're part of the black Friday sale. They wouldn't be in the sale if you couldn't buy them.

:D

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Feels weird to me iMacs being released just before the Black Friday. If they were to release it tomorrow they would be sold out before Black Friday don't you think?...

I don't know... It would help to know the stock they'll have when they release the iMacs.

My guess would be November the 27th. But I'm just guessing. I want my brand new iMac as soon as possible. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.