Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:00 AM   #1
shomenno
macrumors newbie

Where is address book data located?

I recently had the hard drive go bad in my iMac, it wouldn't boot up so I opened the Mac up and replaced it. If I plug the old/failed hard drive in via USB using an adapter I seem to be able to access the data on the drive.

Does anyone know how I can access my address book data off the failed drive so as to be able to then import it into the right folder in the new drive? The failed drive has snow leopard on it.

Many thanks for any pointers.

Shomenno
shomenno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:20 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomenno View Post
I recently had the hard drive go bad in my iMac, it wouldn't boot up so I opened the Mac up and replaced it. If I plug the old/failed hard drive in via USB using an adapter I seem to be able to access the data on the drive.

Does anyone know how I can access my address book data off the failed drive so as to be able to then import it into the right folder in the new drive? The failed drive has snow leopard on it.

Many thanks for any pointers.

Shomenno
/Users/your name/Library/Application Support/AddressBook
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X