Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1
halfmonkey
macrumors regular

finalize vs sharing

I have iMovie 11 and was wondering if someone can explain to me the difference in finalizing a project vs sharing a project. It seems that when I share a project to iTunes, I can select the sizes to fit the product that I eventually will watch the video on. Sharing also seems to be a fairly quick process. Finalizing a project on the hand seems to take a very long time and it doesn't appear that I can select which sizes I finalize the video in. Can someone explain to me what the difference is?

Also, after I share or finalize my project, how do I remove the project from the "project" area of iMovie or is it going to be there forever? And if I do remove it, does it affect the shared or finalized project?
halfmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

All finalizing does is create a movie copy of your Project at every size that it can support, and makes these available to use in other Applications via the Media Browser.

If you don't need this then just Share at whatever size you want.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video