Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:40 PM   #26
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ61 View Post
If you take a 9V battery and place a finger across both contacts do you feel a tingle? I don't. And that's almost twice the voltage that's coming out of your iPad charger. If there were a fault with the charger such that a much larger voltage were passing to your iPad, you would not have a working iPad. So, whatever you're feeling, I don't think it's coming from the charging circuit.

Regards,
Tom
A better test would be to connect the -ve on the 9v battery to ground, touch the positive, and ground yourself (you will only ever experience this when you're grounded).

You obviously know nothing about how electricity works.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:36 PM   #27
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Y View Post
A better test would be to connect the -ve on the 9v battery to ground, touch the positive, and ground yourself (you will only ever experience this when you're grounded).

You obviously know nothing about how electricity works.
Maybe you could enlighten us on how the addition of a ground to this circuit would make a difference. I'm standing by to be "schooled".

TIA,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad