Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canhaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I recently received a Wells Fargo credit card and noticed they offer a free cellphone insurance plan if one utilizes the card to pay the monthly cellular bill.

I'm wondering if this will cover my iPhone 4s purchased at Apple Retail store? Also on a 2 year contract with with AT&T. I bought it at Apple to avoid being network locked at the time.

Anyone have any experience with it?

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I recently received a Wells Fargo credit card and noticed they offer a free cellphone insurance plan if one utilizes the card to pay the monthly cellular bill.

I'm wondering if this will cover my iPhone 4s purchased at Apple Retail store? Also on a 2 year contract with with AT&T. I bought it at Apple to avoid being network locked at the time.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Are you using the card to pay the monthly bill?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

Don't get too excited until you read all the fine prints. There maybe a point 6 font on the bottom on line 57 that says, "Smartphones Excluded." ;)

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
You probably can't use it unless you used the card to purchase your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.