Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cecco

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
What's the result of your testing? Does it support link aggregation with the internal ethernet port?

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
What's the result of your testing? Does it support link aggregation with the internal ethernet port?

Yes, it does. It works fantastically. It took like three clicks in system preferences and a little configuration on my switch and it was good to go.

It works fine through reboots, but if I power off and on I have to reconfigure one setting in my switch. But besides that, I am completely pleased.

Cecco

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Good news after the long wait. :)
A pity, Apple didn't supply the adapter with a second Thunderbolt port for daisy-chaining more than one adapter. So for anything faster than 2 Gbit ethernet we have to wait again for the appearance of a Thunderbolt hub at least for all Macs with a single Thunderbolt port. :-/

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
Does anybody know if it supports Jumbo Frames? I imagine there would be an uproar from some creative professionals if it didn't. Me being one of them :)

awaddon

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Hi, which switch are you using?, thanks

Yes, it does. It works fantastically. It took like three clicks in system preferences and a little configuration on my switch and it was good to go.

It works fine through reboots, but if I power off and on I have to reconfigure one setting in my switch. But besides that, I am completely pleased.

Cecco

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Hi, which switch are you using?, thanks

Well you didn't ask me but I use either Netgear GS748TP or GS108T-200 and they work both after the initial configuration.

An I don't have to reconfigure anything after a reboot.

Pete

freejazz-man

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
you should be able to save the LAG in a switch configuration so that it wont need switch configuration after a reboot.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013

Could you please post what system prefs you modified. Thanks.

DominusExult

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks to the OP, I just registered to ask whether it was possible to combine the internal ethernet with a Thunderbolt/Ethernet adapter. Gave it one last chance to turn up in a search and seems I used the correct search keywords and found this.

So thanks for answering my question I never got to ask.
Now I only need to decide what to use, a dock or the single Thunderbolt/Ethernet adapter...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.