Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
So, what do we think?

-256 SSD
-4TB max HD

I think it'll still be 128 GB for the fusion. Maybe a 4TB option for BTO, but I think 128 is enough for the OS and Apps you'd have installed. I can't see them offering more than that. THey'll push you to get an SSD option instead. Maybe there'll be a few more SSD BTO options thrown in.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
At most, Fusion might be standard. I don't expect the SSD size to change in 2013.

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
if ssd prices drop to make it so they can market them at the same price as they are now since apple has just started doing 1tb standard and they dont even have 7200rpm yet for the 21.5" one yet. it may happen

Last edited:

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
There will come a time SSD is standard but i guess Apple will want to drag out the price hike for users to pay for the full 768GB SSD by keeping the fusion portion of the SSD low (128GB)

They could increase the SSD as prices drop in the future as most of us have lots of storage (games, video, music, etc) I don't understand people saying they will buy a big iMac but keep below 120GB on their system so it uses SSD as i couldn't survive with that much space.

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
The fusion keeps all of the information so like files and stuff off of the SSD so the only thing taking up space are the apps that u have an actively use though so I dont think 128GB of ssd will become a problem for most people

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.