Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
I have a ipad 4 32GB and it seems to be charging soooo slow. I do notice that the charger seems to be very warm. I'm not sure If i should visit a store or not. Anyone have any answers? I am using the supplied charger.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
by "slow", can you elaborate a little bit?

Ipad 3 took 7 hours for fully charge and Ipad 4 with 12W charger should be taking around 5.30 hours. If more than that, there might be somthing wrong.

Also, my charger for Ipad 2 do not get hot while charging.

whiteatom

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Agreed with the times... Temperature? warm yes, but certainly not "hot". Now do you define hot as in "I wash my hands in hot water" or "That pan that just came out of the oven is hot"?

whiteatom

jbum

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
iPad 4 charges slow and warm adapter

I just read the other posts in regards to this issue. In my situation, in comparasion to my ipad 1 and ipad 2, the ipad 4 charges very slow- AND the charges is warm(ER) than I ever experienced with the ipad 1 or 2.

Also, nice move Apple, switching the connection on the charger so now I cannot use my previous 3 + chargers on this ipad4 only. Way to follow in Sony's footsteps and frustrate your consumers. Very cheap move.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.