Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:02 AM   #26
MacSince'85
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderBite View Post
Ideally, one should make a Genius Bar appointment and then inspect the replacement before leaving the store.

Sounds like the OP tries to do this over the phone though. Whether that was by choice or not is the question.
In my case, the apple store is 60 miles away - they made an appointment for me, agreed to replace it when I was there, then realized that they did not have any in stock so I had to mail it in anyway.
MacSince'85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:05 AM   #27
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
A defective phone, yes. A tiny scratch or rattling home button doesn't qualify as 'defective'. If it works as it's supposed to, then you cant complain just because it has a tiny little imperfection that you object to.
It's definitely defective. If you don't like it, return it and buy it again. Keep on doing it until you get what you want. YOUR paying THEM the money. The person paying is the one who decides.
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:57 PM   #28
Commy1
macrumors 6502a

That's ********, I'm really surprised actually, I've only started hearing about this stuff recently. I'm glad I picked out a perfect phone right off the bat then.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:48 PM   #29
Krimsonmyst
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
It's definitely defective. If you don't like it, return it and buy it again. Keep on doing it until you get what you want. YOUR paying THEM the money. The person paying is the one who decides.
Actually, the company is the one who decides. If you bring in a phone with a tiny little scratch, and Apple decides that it doesn't affect the functioning of the phone, and don't want to replace it, then you have no leg to stand on. The phone still works fine.
Krimsonmyst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:33 AM   #30
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
Actually, the company is the one who decides. If you bring in a phone with a tiny little scratch, and Apple decides that it doesn't affect the functioning of the phone, and don't want to replace it, then you have no leg to stand on. The phone still works fine.
Ummmm 1 word: RETURN.
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone