Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Ideally, one should make a Genius Bar appointment and then inspect the replacement before leaving the store.

Sounds like the OP tries to do this over the phone though. Whether that was by choice or not is the question.

In my case, the apple store is 60 miles away - they made an appointment for me, agreed to replace it when I was there, then realized that they did not have any in stock so I had to mail it in anyway.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
A defective phone, yes. A tiny scratch or rattling home button doesn't qualify as 'defective'. If it works as it's supposed to, then you cant complain just because it has a tiny little imperfection that you object to.

It's definitely defective. If you don't like it, return it and buy it again. Keep on doing it until you get what you want. YOUR paying THEM the money. The person paying is the one who decides.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
That's ********, I'm really surprised actually, I've only started hearing about this stuff recently. I'm glad I picked out a perfect phone right off the bat then.

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012
It's definitely defective. If you don't like it, return it and buy it again. Keep on doing it until you get what you want. YOUR paying THEM the money. The person paying is the one who decides.

Actually, the company is the one who decides. If you bring in a phone with a tiny little scratch, and Apple decides that it doesn't affect the functioning of the phone, and don't want to replace it, then you have no leg to stand on. The phone still works fine.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
Actually, the company is the one who decides. If you bring in a phone with a tiny little scratch, and Apple decides that it doesn't affect the functioning of the phone, and don't want to replace it, then you have no leg to stand on. The phone still works fine.

Ummmm 1 word: RETURN.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.