Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jun 6, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1
SmileyDude
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to SmileyDude
BTO Shipping Times To Store

Just curious as to what other people have experienced when doing a BTO and having it shipped to the Apple Store. I placed an order on the 28th of May and it moved into the Shipping To Store state on either the 29th or 30th. I had (wrongly) assumed that it meant that it might actually show up at the store before the original quoted date (today, the 6th of June), but obviously I was wrong on that count. I even called Apple yesterday and I was told that it might not actually be here today. The rep told me that she couldn't even see where the machine was right now (very surprising considering that if I had opted to ship it directly to my house, I would've been able to track it the entire way).

Given my prior experience with having items shipped to me from Apple, I wasn't really worried that the actual shipping time would be over a week. Yet now that is the case. Does anyone know how Apple typically ships out BTO items to a store? Has anyone had a BTO to the store order go beyond the original estimate, even after it was "shipped" just 2 days after it was ordered?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:36 AM   #2
tgi
macrumors 6502a

So when you order and online and get it shipped to the store, they do not provide a tracking#?
tgi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:59 AM   #3
SmileyDude
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to SmileyDude
Unfortunately, they do not provide a tracking number. I suspect that might be grouping BTO items together with other items and they might not want to reveal the tracking numbers because it might give away other info as well. Also since the item isn't being shipped to the customer directly, they might not want the customer calling up the shipping company making changes to where the package is going or things like that. Not that the shipping company should allow that, but I can imagine someone could talk them into doing that if they tried hard enough.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice