What's the worst thing thats happened to you? and who or what helped? - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old May 8, 2008, 04:34 AM   #51
Iscariot
macrumors 68030

A girl I was dating was raped and beaten while I was away on vacation. To this day I am truly impressed with the strength and dignity she possessed afterwards.

A blood relative was brutally murdered and disfigured about four years ago.

A blood relative is hiding out abroad because he beat his wife and sexually assaulted some teenagers.

My dad's half-sister uexpectedly dying at 44.

Last edited by Iscariot; May 8, 2008 at 04:35 AM. Reason: taco taco man, taco maaan
Iscariot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 12:49 PM   #52
foidulus
macrumors 6502a

My cousin dying at age 26

Unfortunately I had been estranged from her for years, and whats worse is that I was overseas when she died and couldn't get back for the funeral...
foidulus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:38 AM   #53
DAlabaugh
macrumors newbie

On New Years Day this girl I was seeing ended our relationship, not even an hour later I seen on Facebook that a good friend of mine had died. He commuted suicide that morning. The only person I felt like talking to broke my heart, but I tried anyway. She wouldn't answer her phone.
I'm still dealing with it. It's how I found this page. Just thought I'd vent.
DAlabaugh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:57 AM   #54
zyr123
macrumors regular

you all have dealt with way worse things then me.

but living with a stutter sucks like no tomorrow. a 24/7 hr cock block, even worse its only fluent when it doesn't matter, not when you actually need it to be.
zyr123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:41 AM   #55
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

First wife dying of cancer, and then having to tell the children that their mother was not coming home from the hospital.
One of my grandchildren being still born, just looking at that little coffin.

Time does heal, but you do have to give it some time.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:53 AM   #56
Don't panic
macrumors 68040

finding out out of the blue my 4 yrs old had stage IV highly metastatic lymphoma and a few days to live, if the super-aggressive therapy implemented within a few hrs from diagnosis didn't work.

it worked.

what helped was the doctors that kept him alive and eventually cured him, the drugs they used and the people who had developed them.
Just a few years earlier he would have been gone.

I had good moments and bad moments in my life (mostly good), but i honestly do not expect to experience anything worse then the instant i saw those scan images. especially because i knew exactly what they meant, because of my job.
Don't panic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:24 PM   #57
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzExige View Post
DIVORCE arrrrrghhhhh

I'm three years into a divorce and the only thing that has kept me sane is the girl I met 3 months after I moved out!

Love is like that
So was divorce the worse or the best thing under the circumstances?? Life is like that. Someone mentioned parents divorced. Mine divorced when I was in college. I think it would be much more traumatic if I had been in grade school. I think the worst besides losing everything, say in a flood, would be loosing immediate family members such as parents, siblings, or children.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:01 PM   #58
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502

Wow, some of the members here have been through some real painful circumstances. Props to all of you coming out the other end. I have nothing to really add to this that would be even close to the loss and trauma some have faced.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:08 PM   #59
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

Sorry to hear about all the car some of you have been through.
Toughest thing I had to deal with was when my wife and I were falsely accused of harming our daughter. You wouldn't believe how flimsy the accusations were. She was separated from us for a while and has never really recovered (especially because she has special needs). Our Church decided not to stand by us and support us. Because of this I lost my faith (after our Church elder suggested I should leave my wife). She has never recovered either. Everything else bad that happened to me (like my parents divorce) pails into insignificance.
Alcohol helps me through the worst times. Thats about it.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:27 PM   #60
TedM
macrumors 6502

Wow this thread really was sad. Puts things in perspective though.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:07 PM   #61
monokakata
macrumors 6502a

Finding a good friend bludgeoned to death in her apartment (next to mine) and then being accused of the crime. It was 44 years ago this month (so it's been on my mind, as it is every January). No one was ever formally charged.

Then there was almost being killed by a tsunami (at 16), losing the family business, and working at finding dead people afterwards. I will say that the tsunami-related events caused me to grow up quickly.
monokakata is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:58 PM   #62
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

After spending 10 years as a volunteer firefighter, seeing the end result of tragedy almost on a daily basis. The only way to deal with it was to block it out at the scene and then dealing with it by talking to our support staff after retuning to the firehall.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:45 PM   #63
rei101
macrumors 6502a

Depression and co dependency, many heart broken, loads of tears, lost of time wasted and loads of money and opportunities lost.

What helped me:

People from no were with good advice, God, praying, being humble to listen and meditate about my past and the things that made me this way. Good books, again, good people each one with their knowledge.

Good books to read:
The four agreements
A new earth by Eckar Tolle.
Then, every single piece of audio by Anthony Robbins, sometimes cheese but many good advices too.
And Rich dad, poor dad.
rei101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion