Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swiss PAB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Dubai
Hello. All my photos in a particular event appear as blank white with a yellow frame around them when I am in the thumbnail page when in iPhoto. However the photo comes up when I click on the photo, so I know the photo is still in my computer. How do I get the photos back into the thumbnail page?

This happened when I was adding titles to photos. I added a title to a photo, and then wanted to move this title to another photo in the same event. I highlighted the title, clicked on Edit Cut, and all the photos disappeared, but not the titles.

Hope someone can help as I have deleted the photos from my camera's memory card and hence I cannot reload them. Thank you.

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hello. All my photos in a particular event appear as blank white with a yellow frame around them when I am in the thumbnail page when in iPhoto. However the photo comes up when I click on the photo, so I know the photo is still in my computer. How do I get the photos back into the thumbnail page?

This happened when I was adding titles to photos. I added a title to a photo, and then wanted to move this title to another photo in the same event. I highlighted the title, clicked on Edit Cut, and all the photos disappeared, but not the titles.

Hope someone can help as I have deleted the photos from my camera's memory card and hence I cannot reload them. Thank you.

Your Photo files are here /User/your name/Pictures/iPhoto Library

Look if they are still there, if so there is a problem with iPhoto.
Have you restarted iPhoto, might solve the problem.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
It sounds like your thumbnails (previews) were compromised. In Aperture, I know you can easily recreate previews... but I do not see that option in iPhoto.

I would try the "revert to original" option on a photo and see if that fixes the problem. iPhoto>Photos>Revert to Original.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.