Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
This is the kind of crap that makes me go over to 9to5mac. I get that you have to pay your bills, but given that you own TouchArcade and AppShopper I'm pretty sure you dont need to stoop to creating such poor quality adverts and shoving them on the front page.

Hey, 9to5Mac had this on their front page. FYI

Disregard, maybe if I read all the posts before quoting the reply I would see someone already pointed this out. Carry on.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Color me skeptical. This company has chosen a name that is just too darned close to Rabbit TV. Rabbit TV is a scam designed to rook stupid people out of $10. I have no evidence that these people are connected in any way with Rabbit TV. But when a company choses a name so similar to a known scam, potential customers are under no obligation to assume good intentions.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
Doesn't the 360 allow people to watch a movie together in a party, if all users bought that video on the XBox? I thought I saw them advertising that a year or so ago during a big update they were doing. Did that ever happen or work?

Though I for some reason doubt they have a deal with Netflix to allow this to happen. I would think that kind of deal would have been out in the public by now.

Unless they spin this by saying "it's just like streaming Netflix on your TV to your whole family" then I don't see this feature flying for very long. Though that kind of brings up a good point IMO. We are allowed to stream content on our TV for the whole family to watch. Though we aren't allowed to stream it over a video chat because they aren't physically there with you?

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
The idea that PC software has to run on Windows to be successful is so 90s. And BTW they are starting out on Mac OS but Windows is coming later ppl so chill. At least they started out on a platform worth using. Although I agree this should work for 10.6+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.